Clifton School is an independent school for boys located in Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, in the Republic of South Africa. Within two years, the school had an enrollment of 37 boys, ranging from Class One [Grade 1] to Standard Three [Grade 5]. In the early years, boarding was offered, and boys slept in dormitories housed in the upstairs verandas, Which were enclosed at the time. There were no sports fields at the time, and cricket and rugby were played at the Old Fort grounds adjoining Kingsmead. Athletics meetings were held at Mitchell Park, and swimming took place at the town or Beach Baths. In 1938, with an enrollment of 60 boys, the school was Purchased by Mr Kenneth Haworth, who succeeded in Increasing numbers to 160 by 1942. He will be remembered for two far-reaching decisions: the founding of Clifton Nottingham Road in 1942, and the appointment of Anthony Greenwood Sutcliffe as His successor to head the Durban School.