The San Francisco Conservatory of Music (SFCM) is a music school with an enrollment of about 400 students, located at 50 Oak Street, San Francisco, California. The San Francisco Conservatory of Music was founded in 1917 by Ada Clement and Lillian Hodghead as the Ada Clement Piano School. Its first location was the home of Lillian's parents, at 3435 Sacramento Street. The school opened with three pianos, four studios, two blackboards and 40 students. The Ada Clement Piano School quickly expanded. Several years after its founding, the name changed to the Ada Clement Music School, and then in 1923 to the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. In 1956 the Conservatory moved from Sacramento Street to 1201 Ortega Street, the home of a former infant shelter. It resided there for fifty years, before moving to its current location at 50 Oak Street in 2006.